Menu

LISTSERV List Owners' Forum

Re: Out of office replies

Angus <[log in to unmask]>

LISTSERV list owners' forum <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 19 Mar 2000 08:51:18 -0600

> Yes, I figured that -- but what I guess I was thinking about was that
> I remember, a few years ago, storms of "out of office" replies
> responding to each other and choking lists.  I'm presuming there's a

This just recently happened to a list I co-maintain.. overnight.. when
neither of the listowners where online to catch it.. fortunately, the 50
posts/day limit was set.. and the list got frozen..

For added protection, I added a 5 post/day limit per subscriber to that
list's header too.. no problem for that particular list.. and told the
subscribers what was done.

I also NUKED the person with the auto reply.. usually I set them to
NOPOST NOMAIL .. but this one kinda ticked me off ;-)

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]