Menu

LISTSERV List Owners' Forum

Re: AOL settings

Ingrid Shafer <[log in to unmask]>

LISTSERV list owners' forum <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Mar 2000 00:01:40 -0600

>I have been trying to convince our subscribers not to quote the messages to
>which they are responding.

Any particular reason?

It seems good netiquette to help reduce the length of posts.  People should be
able to concisely paraphrase the previous post or quote only relevant sections
thereof.  Many subscribers receive messages via digest, and for them it's
cumbersome to have to wade through all those repeated messages, some even with
dangling html attachments (another habit I am trying to break). We also have
overseas subscribers who have to pay for connection time. Several posts go
through numerous responses and arrive dragging a monstrous tail of multiple
levels of quoted messages.

Peace, Ingrid