"John M. Wobus" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 Jan 91 15:35:14 EST
I manage a large LISTSERV-based list which includes a lot of people
who are not on BITNET (as well as a lot of people who are).  I've
thought about starting a redistribution list on a nearby Unix system
to handle the Internet addresses.  Have any LISTSERV list-owners
taken on such a task themselves?  Does anyone have streamlined
procedures for periodically extracting the Internet addresses
from a LISTSERV list and adding them to the Unix/Internet equivalent
(e.g. a sendmail alias "include" file)?  I figure I could do it by
hand, but my ambitions don't include being a full-time list maintainer.

Just wondering.

John Wobus
Syracuse University

P.S.  What recently reminded me of this train of thought is that the
"LISTSERV network" now directs our Internet mail through a node that can't
seem to deliver mail to various Internet nodes that I have no trouble
reaching from said Unix system.  Previously, when the mail passed through
Princeton or Cornell, I didn't have this problem.