Marc Shannon <MS5U@CMUCCVMA>
Fri, 22 Aug 1986 18:23 EDT
This is my first mailing to this list, so forgive my ignorance.

We just started running Eric's LISTSERV here and due to our accounting
department (pains-in-the-a%%), all our mailing lists will be restricted
to the standard userID form of CMU, namely XX9X.  For example, we have
been allocated MD40 - MD49 to use as "Mailing List Distribution" ID's.

In the $DEFAULT MAILFORM file, the letters that go out say that people
have been added to list XXXX, but it only gives the short name.  Is there
a way to make is such that it would say "You have been added to list
MD40 (Discussion on Arms control in the UCC)"?

--Marc Shannon