Menu

LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum

Re: finding subscribers' email addresses by pattern

Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>

LISTSERV give-and-take forum <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:37:13 -0400

On: Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:05:49AM -0500,Lacy, Feather A Wrote:

} We just eliminated an email system that had about 30,000 users. Many of them were subscribed to our LISTSERV lists.
}
} Their old address was of the form [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
} Their new address is of the form [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
}
} Does anyone have an easy way to get a list of the old address, [log in to unmask], that are still subscribed to our 1200 lists? (Once I get that list, apparently I can issue a CHANGE command to change them all to their new addresses.)

If a site maintainer does a query like

  query * for *@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu

you will get the list, along with a lot of extranious data.  If you can
do a bit of programming in your favorite language, plus some sorting, it
could be weeded down to what you want fairly easily.  The GUI option
will give more o/p but in a form thats easier to extract
programatically.  I *think* its like:

   ***GUI*** query * for *@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu

Again, only a site maintainer can do this for all lists.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67