Menu

LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum

Re: Listserv in a virtual server

Bob Kaneshige <[log in to unmask]>

LISTSERV give-and-take forum <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 30 Apr 2008 06:16:29 -0700

We have run Listserv on VMware's ESX for testing and evaluation purposes
and currently run the commercial release of Sendmail on Xen as our
internal smtp smart host for our hosted servers.  The best performance
is having the most active directories (Listserv's home directory, spool
and archives as well as Sendmail's /var/spool/mqueue, maillog) on
storage other than local....I/O waits will improve.

  Bob Kaneshige
  Arizona State University

> Our server is getting old and out of date (running Win2K server) and
> the hardware is *many* years old
>
> Our Computing Services Dept is planning on creating a virtual image of
> the machine and running it in a virtual server on our Sun servers.
Does