Dear Email Rules Community,
The Research Administration Discussion List (RESADM-L), the 2010 Grand Prize Winner of L-Soft’s LISTSERV® Choice Awards – The Mailys – is an outstanding example of how profession-based email list communities benefit subscribers in their day-to-day work, training, and career development while building the body of knowledge in a given field.
With inspiration from and congratulations to RESADM-L, here we offer some key ingredients for strong and successful email discussion communities – of any size – and the terrific results these communities can accomplish.
Ingredients: What Strong Professional Email List Communities Need
- Professionals with shared interest, who use email
- Searchable online web archives
- No clutter, spam, advertisement
- Quality membership, developed over time
- Generous and sharing list culture
- Knowledgeable person who is responsible for maintaining the email list
Results: What Successful Professional Email List Communities Can Achieve
- Network of connections for timely problem-solving, sharing of expertise
- Wider perspectives and collaboration, including advice to help save time, money, and stress, while increasing revenues or memberships
- Shared knowledge and development of field, with searchable online archives as a standing resource and reference to help professionals do their jobs more effectively and advance the body of knowledge in the profession
- Professional development, encompassing jobs/career opportunities and training and development resources, including support for certification processes in fields that have them
- Sense of community and sense of belonging among peers, strengthening the profession as a whole
To learn more about RESADM-L, including gaining additional insights from its list owner and getting first-hand perspective from subscribers on the benefits of this LISTSERV email discussion community, read the case study and subscriber testimonials:
Case Study: http://www.lsoft.com/customers/resadm-l.asp
Subscriber Testimonials: http://www.lsoft.com/customers/resadm-l-quotes.asp
RESADM-L excellently demonstrates what’s needed to build a profession-based email list community that brings tangible results for its members and the profession in general. These ingredients and accomplishments can be applied to many other fields and to email list communities of all sizes.
Susan Brown Faghani, L-Soft
EmailRules - Discussion community for email communicators
Join, leave, post and read the archives at:
Contact the EmailRules list facilitators at: [log in to unmask]