EmailRules Community

Email communities as life-changers and life-savers

Susan Brown Faghani <[log in to unmask]>

EmailRules Community <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:05:56 +0100

Dear EmailRules Subscribers,

Delivering life-changing and even life-saving information to thousands of people is all in a day's work for the LISTSERV® email communities that won L-Soft's 2011 LISTSERV Choice Awards – The Mailys.

L-Soft honored the powerful efforts and profound results of The Kidney Cancer Online Support Group (KIDNEY-ONC) and BELG-L, a community of Belgian Shepherd owners, naming each email list as a grand prize winner in its global competition.

Regardless of their topics – whether serious or fun or somewhere in between -- and despite the growth of newer social media, email communities are going strong.  KIDNEY-ONC List Owner Robin K. Martinez shares an insight as to why:

"The information on the 'talk-based' social media is ephemeral; it can be valuable but may not be easy to locate again if you need it because it's not archived. Email also offers the immediacy of social media, so to me it's the best of both worlds."

On Tuesday, we published full coverage of the award-winning email communities, and we invite you to learn more and be inspired by their work:

View KIDNEY-ONC and BELG-L case studies:
http://www.lsoft.com/news/choicewinners.asp

View tips from the award-winning list owners:
http://www.lsoft.com/news/choicewinners-tips.asp

Learn more and nominate to The Mailys 2012:
http://www.lsoft.com/news/choiceawards.asp

Best Regards,
Susan Brown Faghani, L-Soft Marketing

Join, leave, post and read the archives at:
http://community.emailogy.com/archives/emailrules.html

Contact the EmailRules list facilitators at: [log in to unmask]