EmailRules Community

Monospaced Font

Email and Millennials: Numbers and Voices

Susan Brown Faghani <[log in to unmask]>

EmailRules Community <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 30 Nov 2015 21:05:57 +0100

Dear EmailRules Community,

The much-hyped symbiotic relationship between millennials and social media is said to portend the death of email or, at the very least, formidable struggles for organizations without a "strong social presence" with gazillions of followers or that magic mojo to get millennials' eyes off their small screens for a few seconds, much less consider our messages and organizations worthy of thumbs-up emojis.

If you're panicking, you're not alone. But rest assured, the generation with the overused label, people born between the early 1980s and the late 1990s, use email – a lot. And they like it.

Thomas Cook, Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering Student, Class of 2016 told us:
"Email is so important in my life now. I get about 100 a day for school, fraternity events, alerts and my Interfraternity Council work. At least 75 are relevant to something I need to focus on during the day."

See what some other millennials we recently spoke with have to say about email's role in their lives, and get some illuminating statistics in this brand new article:
http://lsoft.com/news/millennials-issue4-2015.asp

Best Regards,
Susan Brown Faghani
Manager, Marketing and Sales Communication, L-Soft