Jose Maria Blasco Comellas <ZCCBJBC@EB0UB011>
Thu, 25 Sep 1986 07:35:12 ABC
>I've added to the subscription verification letter something like:
>"Are you now REALLY sure FInland is the nearest place to subscribe?
>Did you give command REV 'listname' or LIST LONG?"

But there is NO subscription verification letter for open subscription
lists!! (I just tried with your REXX list) ... so one has to resort to
Subscription = By_Owner if he wants the subscriber to get mail ...
I myself have also included a general disclaimer, saying 'Subscriptions
from USA and CANADA cannot be accepted, and will be erased without
warning'.  I think there *SHOULD* be a verification letter for open
lists.

>Ps. I'm looking for the nearest listserver which has INFO-IBM-PC, INFO-MAC
>& VAX toolbox...

I have INFO-IBM-PC. I would like also to peer-link REXXLIST, ASM370,
LINGUA and OPSYS. Udo Meyer has offered DEARN as a central european
distribution site, perhaps he would accept to install some of these
lists so that we could peer-link to them.

J. M. Blasco

P.S. Good news: I was told by Jim Ennis (the "LISTSERV Editor" at
UCF1VM) that they were going to migrate to Eric's LISTSERV asap...