Menu

LISTSERV List Owners' Forum

Re: Get/Put Comments

Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>

LISTSERV list owners' forum <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 Nov 1994 21:06:14 EST

On Wed, 9 Nov 1994 16:35:00 PST Museum Informatics Project said:
>How does LISTSERV "know" where in a FILELIST to place the comment lines:
> ... *  The GET/PUT authorization codes shown....

It places them right before the first non-comment.  A blank line (i.e. one
without an * in col 1) qualifies as a non-comment.  So put a blank line
where you want them to be.  Unless, of course, you want them someplace after
your first non-comment, in which case I believe you're out of luck.

Bill
City University of New York