Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 23 Feb 1992 12:17:00 EST
I'm trying to switch a list over to being moderated.  The
LISTSERVer sends the messages to me with a "moderator paragraph"
at the top instructing me to forward the message back to the list
if it is ok.  I have access to either a Vax/VMS or Unix system.

With VMSmail, when I FORWARD the message back to the list, it
converts the incoming mail header to text.  In other words, it
goes back with a new header on it and a blank line before the old
header.  The information in the original header is lost to the
LISTSERVer and the big, ugly header appears in the text.

On the Unix system, I use ELM.  The FORWARD command does
essentially the same thing: the incoming header is converted to
text.  The BOUNCE command sends the message on with the original
header intact.  But for some reason, the LISTSERVer does not
remove the "moderator paragraph."  I have attached below a sample
of a message (as posted to the list) which was sent back by the
editor using the ELM command BOUNCE.

Does anyone have any useful suggestions?  How do other people act
as list editors from non-VM/CMS systems?

                          Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
<<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>