Greg Kroll <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Feb 1992 11:15:59 EST
On Mon, 10 Feb 1992 10:55:14 EST DOUGLAS COFFMAN said:
>As an owner of a couple of lists...I find it VERY agrivating to have an "ad"
>for
> another list appear on one of mine.  Or on one I subscribe to, for that
>matter.
> ...deleted...

Actually there is a forum for just such a thing.  New list announcements
can be sent to:

NEW-LIST@NDSUVM1

I don't personally subscribe to this list but the global list says it is
for "New List Announcements".  I suppose this would NOT be the appropriate
place for "hawking" existing lists, but would save us all from the new list
promotions.

I believe there are some "etiquette" rules for posting to this list.  You
may want to subscribe and hope you get some feedback via the signup
acknowledgement.

--Greg Kroll