Pieter Stouten <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Jan 91 10:24:00 +0100
This is not about node names anymore, but Macintoshes are a
more interesting subject anyway, I guess.
Some geniuses must have designed them.
However, the criticism that no command line interface is available
is not correct. The is a program called CLIM which admittedly is
not manufactured by Apple, but nonetheless is a command line
interface.
The point, however, is that virtually nobody uses it since most
people are very happy with the Graphical interface. And why not ?
It's the same as saying no to television because radio provides you
with all you can ever dream of. Well, I suppose that everybody who
wants to is entitled to live in the stone age.
Also (but this is an old rumour already), in the new OS release
(system 7) for the Mac sort of a command line interpreter is
supposed to be provided. I can't be sure about this, however, since
unfortunately I have not been able to try the alpha or beta release.

Cheers, Pieter Stouten