Menu

LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum

Listserv 1.8c and search command

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>

LISTSERV give-and-take forum <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 14 Nov 1996 11:06:28 -0500

A couple of questions I received from a user and after reviewing the
beta manuals and LISTDB MEMO documentation, I can't answer:

* Is there anyway to provide a "continuation line" in a non-VM search
  command?  With the VM version you just put a hyphen at the end of a
  line and continued on the next; but this doesn't work on 1.8c/NT.
  Instead I get:

> > search * in hp3000-l since nov 96 -
> Invalid narrowing option - "-".
>
> > where subject contains 2680
> Unknown command - "WHERE". Try HELP.

* Is there any way to get more than 100 "hits" from a search?  The old
  outlim=xx doesn't seem to work either:

> > search * in hp3000-l since nov 96 where subject contains "2680" outlim=2
> Invalid search expression - string operation attempted on non-string
> operand.

Thanks in advance...
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>