Menu

LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum

Re: Weekly Logfile Sizes

John Cottingham <[log in to unmask]>

LISTSERV give-and-take forum <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 14 Nov 1996 12:36:13 -0600

At 01:12 PM 11/14/96 EST, you wrote:
>Eric wrote:
>
>> ...Anyway, I'll change [the weekly logfiles] to start on 1, 8, 15, 22
>> and 29.
>
>If I can offer a suggestion:  I don't think it matters whether they are
>exactly a week long; I think we'd rather see them as evenly sized as
>possible.  What I'd suggest is every six days, except for the last one.
>They'd start on 1, 7, 13, 19, and 25.  The last one would be either 6
>or 7 days, except in February when it would be 4 or 5 days.

If logfiles a-d were 6 day files, February would always have an e file.

If the logfiles were 7 day files, February would only have an e logfile on
leapyear and would have to be leapyear aware.

Over a 4 year period, the latter would have an extra logfile.

John Cottingham