On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:19:36 -0400, Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Unless you're using the hiperf. version, I believe adding thousands of users will be time consuming.
>
>I don't have any stats myself -- just rumors.

Bulk-adding 65,000 users to a list running on LISTSERV Classic (not HPO) took 74
minutes on my P166 machine.  Same list bulk-added while running LISTERV HPO
version took just under 2 minutes (1:54 to be exact)  LISTSERV starts giving
performance warnings for any list over 5000 subscribers.  In practice you may be
ok up to 20,000 but after that performance really suffers and you need HPO.