I know I missed a step in here somewhere, but I cannot figure out what.

I created a new list:

PUT ECP-L.LIST PW=MMS@1781

*

* Emergency Contraception

*

* Review= Private

* Subscription= By Owner,confirm

* Send= Private

* Notify= Yes

* Reply-to= List

* Files= No

* Validate= No

* Editor = [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

* Notebook= Yes,/projects/list/ECP,Monthly,Private

* Confidential= Yes

* Owner= [log in to unmask] (Susan Webb)

*

Alias file should be updated to include this:

####ECP-L LIST

ECP-L: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /projects/list/spool ECP-L"

owner-ECP-L: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /projects/list/spool owner-ECP-L"

ECP-L-request: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /projects/list/spool ECP-L-request"

ECP-L-search-request: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /projects/list/spool ECP-L-search-request"

ECP-L-server: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /projects/list/spool ECP-L-server"

Then go to: cd /projects/list and issue the following commands:

mkdir ECP

chown listserv /projects/list/ECP

chmod u=rwx /projects/list/ECP

I added 2 names to the list and sent a test email and got this:

An error occurred while  logging mail to the archives of  the ECP-L list. An
incomplete copy  of the message  might be present  in the archive  file. The
list is being held to prevent further occurrences of this error. Please take
corrective action and issue a "FREE ECP-L" command when you want the message
to be reprocessed.

Serious error occurred - traceback follows
>>> Error X'00000011' opening file /projects/list/ecp/ecp-l.log0005 <<<
 -> Severity: Warning
 -> Facility: Generic error codes
 -> Abstract: File/major entity not found
 -> I/O mode: Record write

What did I miss?

Margaret J. Brandt
MMS/NEJM