On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:21:53 -0400 Langum, Michael J. said:
>Nathan (et al)
>
>I thought that if the list configuration has "Sender= List,"  the "From:"
>field would have the List address, rather than the original sender's.  If
>fact, if the list configuration also has "Reply-To= List," then the true
>sender's address would NOT BE ANYWHERE in the header.

Nope.  Sender= only configures the RFC822 Sender: field.  It does nothing
to the From: field.  Note that with "Reply-To= List" you are also implying
"Reply-To= List,Respect".  If you don't want LISTSERV to respect the existing
"Reply-To= List,Ignore".

>Therefore, If a "bad" client ignores the "Reply-to:" field, wouldn't it use
>the "From:" field, and still send the "out-of-office" message back to the
>list?

Sure, it uses the From: field, but you haven't changed the From: field.
The only way to change the From: field is to change it in your mail client
when you post to the list.  There is no way to force LISTSERV to rewrite
it for you.

Nathan