At 12:09 AM 8/4/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I tried filtering in a similar fashion on our lists but it proved
>toodifficult.  There are so many different MIME attachment codes, and ways
>ofrepresenting them, that you'd be forever updating the keyword entry  . . .

         The strategy that I use (having a website available for the
purpose) is to *block *all* attachments*. {also nomime nohtml, thus text
only} When a suitable object arises, I contact the provider and post it to
the website in a downloadable form. This way there is full control. I
receive the file directly, it is automatically scanned for viruses/worms,
and I can maintain it in a continuously available manner, and it can be
downloaded by those who wish it confidently, and those who do not wish it
are not troubled by it.

                 Sincerely,

                         Tom Trimble