You mention that LSMTP logs show a message from the user in question, but you did not say what is in the LISTSERV log file at that same point in time.  That is probably a more useful information source than the LSMTP log.

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/31/01 09:23AM >>>
Perhaps someone can help me with a problem. I manage a list called
NETWORKER which is at listmail.temple.edu which is a fairly new Windows
2000 server. Also running on this system is LSMTP. I am not sure if this
issue involves LSMTP or Listserv. I am new to LSMTP though, but I think
its working fine, although I am not sure how to read the log file entries.

The problem is that a subscriber with the address [log in to unmask]
says he can post messages to the list fine via the list's web site, but
emails to [log in to unmask] do not get posted. We did a test
of this yesterday and it appears to be true. The logs in the LSMTP folder
show mail from this address so I am wondering if there's a problem with
Listserv.

Can anyone suggest how I can track down the source of this problem? The
list in question is set with "Send= Private" and this person is indeed
subscribed to the list via the address he uses in his emails. I am also
able to send him email fine and he's able to send me email. Any
suggestions as to how to track down the source of this problem will be
appreciated.