I've had some recent experience as a member of a list that was hosted by Yahoo! groups and
moved off it to an independent server partly because of the ads and mainly because accessing
the archives involved a spectacularly complicated routine of joining Yahoo (getting yourself
primed for more spam) and being in fact unable to finish the process -- server busy errors,
etc. -- to get actual access.  I thought Yahoo! was about as bad as it gets.  As my dad used to
say about free stuff, worth every penny.

                               -- Russ

St. Thomas University
http://www.stu.ca/~hunt/