After upgrading from 1.8d to 1.8e, the web archives only partially work. (Win2K, 1.8e classic).

In our archives, each message has an attachment. When one tries to open the attachment a password reset is requested. The actual message is "our authentication ticket has expired. Please log in to continue." After following the password 'set/confirm password/follow the link' process  one ends up right back at the Login Required page.

I have verified this on 2 different machines with 2 different accounts.

Any ideas ?
Thanks,
Doug

Doug Wheeler
Sr. Technical Analyst - Information Resources
Neenah Technical Center
Georgia-Pacific Corporation
email : mailto:[log in to unmask]
voice : 920.729.8178 fax : 920.729.8164