On Windows 2000, right click on My Computer and select Properties.  Then
click the Network Identification tab.  The machine name is the first part
of the field labeled "Full computer name."

---

Spam isn't speech just like a note wrapped around
a brick thrown through a window isn't publication.

William Brown
Email/Internet Services
Erie 1 BOCES
(716)821-7285

Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: LISTSERV list owners' forum <[log in to unmask]>
08/23/2003 12:29 PM
Please respond to
LISTSERV list owners' forum <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: [LSTOWN-L] Source of SoBig items

On 22 Aug 2003, at 19:53, Winship wrote:

>That CAT-STAFF-M71 is, as suspected, an internal code (made sense to me:
>"CATaloging-STAFF-M71", the M71 being the individual's code).

I'd like to know how to display this "internal code" on a suspect machine.
I thought it was the Network ID, but it apparently isn't... I just sent a
message from my daughters machine and instead of "Quantex SM-1" the bottom
"Received:" line says "Margaret".  Did it pull the first token out of the
User Name: "Margaret Murphey"?  I'm asking because it may be more
effective
to be able to tell a bunch of subscribers to click "My Computer and
whatever"
and see if the "Somefield" is on this list of rogues.

                                                   -Kary