A couple of our subscribers have pointed out the odd wording of the links
in the View section of the archives. (Yes, our list is for copy editors!)
Does anyone know why the parenthetical "(less recent)" and "(more recent)'
were added to, for instance, "Next (less recent) message" and "Previous
(more recent) message"? They add nothing, and they are confusing rather
than clarifying. It seems to me that "Next" and "Previous" are perfectly
clear on their own, but if additional help is needed, wouldn't "Next
(later) message" and "Previous (earlier) message" be better?