Documentation of use and growth patterns obviously can help in program
evaluation at all levels.

In an attempt to generate daily descriptive information, it occurred to me
set up a list just for list statistics.. so I:

   1. created a list
   2. set RENEWAL to 1-DAILY and
   3. added  [log in to unmask] as a subscriber
   4. set the contents of  PROBE1 file to

//STATS JOB
//LISTS lists sum lists.xyz.edu
//SHOW show
// EOJ

expecting a report to come back to the list.. (didn't happen)

the goal is to generate a plot across time of total number of lists,
subscribers, message volume etc.  I was trying to embed scheduling within
LISTSERV itself, rather than making the reporting process dependent on an
external query process... I'm attempting this as a listowner, not as
LISTSERV administrator. No Maestro at this point.

I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, but I am seeking simple graphs of
server and list utilization, and this is an attempt to generate the
time-stamped data stream without jumping into parsing raw log files.

Other approaches to documenting use patterns and trends and their graphical
presentation much appreciated.

Ron Wood, University of Rochester