Hi All -

We have had some network consultants digging through our Active Directory and servers cleaning up a number of problems that have built up over the years.  Prior to this work we had fully functional web archives for all our lists.  Now, you can still access the archive site, select a list, drill down through a week and get a list of posts for that week.

However, when you click on one of the posts the page comes up but where the text for the post should be there is an error message:

The archive files could not be accessed, either because the list does not have Web-accessible archives or because they are being updated. If you know that the list has Web archives, please try again in about 30 seconds, and report the problem if it persists for more than a few minutes. The file that could not be opened is 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Archives\upload\2175904437729077.tmp' and the error code was 13.

The upload folder is there but empty.  Our network consultants say they have been nowhere near this folder and I'm fairly sure that's accurate.  They're very good and are unlikely to delete any info.  Furthermore, posts that have come through since the consultants left have the same problem.  There is a sub-folder in the Archives directory with the list name on it that contains many files with a naming convention similar to:

LISTNAME.IND1101B

If I look at these with Notepad they appear to contain the missing posts.

This machine used to be a domain controller but was demoted to just be a server - Windows 2003.  Any ideas why my archive posts have disappeared?

Thanks very much,

BK

Bruce Keppler
Director of Information Technology

Bar Association of San Francisco
301 Battery Street, Third Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
Phone: 415.782.9000 x8111
Fax: 415.989.0381
[log in to unmask]<file:///C:\Users\bkeppler\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures\[log in to unmask]>