A "user unknown" message sounds like a bounce from a bad subscriber address to me.  If she were actually not allowed to post to the list, LISTSERV would have sent an error that stated she was not allowed to post, not a "user unknown" message.  Perhaps you should post the actual message that she received.

Nathan