Good Afternoon,

We currently use Listserv Classic 16.0 and host roughly 200 lists. We have begun research into migrating away from the standard flat file list configurations and into MS SQL 2008. We are curious if any other institutions have made this leap and are willing to share the process and experience they encountered. We are looking for information on the following:

Implementation process

Versions of MS SQL attempted

Gain of performance and functionality (reporting ability not withstanding)

Loss of functionality

How the list specific configuration is retained (keyword values for various list configurations)

Unexpected outcomes as a result of the migration

Other successes

Other failures

Any scripting that would assist our in-house DBAs with the transition

Any advice, concerns, recommendations, or warnings

Sustainability

We would greatly appreciate any insight into this endeavor.

Thanks,

John W. Chatman

Third Party Applications • Information Management & Technology

UNIVERSITY of  NORTHERN COLORADO

Snyder Hall, Room 92 • Campus box 19 • Greeley, CO 80639

(970) 351-1448 • fax: (970) 351- 1650

[log in to unmask] http://www.unco.edu/it/aboutus.html

Confidentiality Notice -

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. If you have received this

transmission in error, please notify the sender and delete this message. Unauthorized use of

this transmission is prohibited.

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1