We at the Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF) have developed a generic list of rules we provide in the welcome email to all our lists.  I've removed a couple rules that are specific to our organization and remember - this is San Francisco.  Everything is a little left-leaning and touchy-feely.

Bruce Keppler

3. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.

4. In order to avoid viruses inadvertently being sent, attachments and HTML messages are not permitted.

5. This is an 'open list' meaning posts are not screened before being posted. Please be respectful of others and post only when necessary.

6. Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.  Personal information should only be shared with an individual email address.

7. On occasion BASF will post information about our member benefits, including our vendor partners.

8. Use caution when discussing all products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.

9. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a Listserv message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.

10. BASF reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.

This list serve is provided as a service of The Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF). BASF is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers. BASF does monitor the list serve for inappropriate postings and in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to BASF's attention, BASF will take all appropriate action.
In This Section