That is gmail working as intended. They won't get a copy of their own posting. If they want one they need to create a second email account to receive the email.

From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eckard, Steve - eckardsl
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 5:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: gmail accounts

Good morning all. The below is about the closest I can find to an issue one of our list owners is having. He is editor of the list.  I determined he is using a Gmail account to send to the list. He gets the message to ok the message, but it is in his junk mail folder. I believe it is an issue with Gmail, but not sure. There seems to be ongoing issues with Gmail and listserv. The below is the list configuration:

Subscription= Open,Confirm
Ack= Yes
Confidential= No
Validate= No
Reply-to= List,Respect
Review= Owners
Send= Editor,hold,confirm,non-member
Editor= [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Errors-To= Owner
Notebook= Yes,/listarchives,Monthly,Public

Anyone concur? Thanks.

> I have several users who report that when posting from their GMail
> account, they do not receive the message they posted, even though they
> are set <NOACK
> REPRO>. They have no problems receiving postings from other
> REPRO>subscribers and
> command messages to the server are processed and delivered.
>
> I have confirmed this by adding a gmail account to a couple of lists
> and sending test messages. The log files show that the gmail accounts
> are included in the distribution of the test messages. The gmail
> account has no filters and the messages are not in the spam folder,
> either on the local computer or in the online Gmail spam folder. When
> set to <ACK NOREPRO> acknowledgments get delivered.
>
> Anyone else noticing this behavior?

That has been the behavior of Gmail since it came online.

The messages are in the users 'Sent Mail'.  If another list subscriber responds, the original sender's email will appear in the thread with all the responses.  It takes a little getting used to, but it's really no big deal.

Steve Eckard
IT-Tech Svcs
James Madison University