May be you are missing the word ‘ list’ at the end:

PUTALL AASD-FACULTY-LECTURERS-CALL LIST PW=some password

Thank You

Ali

From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Shinn Wu
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2012 1:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: List Creation Error

Hello,

I tried to create 'AASD-FACULTY-LECTURERS-CALL ' but got error:

The list name contains characters which are either not allowed or not recommended in a list name. Please choose a different name.

I could not find anything about this error.  I already asked the person in charge to choose a different name.

Shinn

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1