Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: lost ownership of my own list

Greetings-

The other day I changed a setting in the header of a list that I own. Immediately after successfully “putting” the changed header up, I was no longer able to review or get the list. The same is true for the other owners of this list. The list continues working, but somehow we’ve lost ownership. When I try to review the list, I get this message “You are not authorized to review the FACULTY list.”

The setting I changed should not (I believe) affect the list in this way. I simply changed the list from “Send=Public” to “send=Private”.

Does anyone have an idea of what happened? And/or how to fix it? We’ve tried deleting and recreating the list, but the “new” version kept the same problem. So we’re considering creating an identical list with a new name. But I would prefer to fix the problem!

Here is the list header, which uses standard settings (standard for our other lists, at least). I believe we’re running Listserv version 14.5.

* This is a LISTSERV for all USP Faculty members

*

* Review= Owners Subscription= Closed

* Notify= Yes Reply-to= None, Respect

* Send= Public

* Validate= No

* Notebook= No

* Digest= Yes,Same,Daily,16:30

* Default-Options= Repro

* Confidential= Yes

Thanks for your time.

Chris Wieman

Information Science Instructor / Systems & Reference Librarian

J.W. England Library

University of the Sciences

600 S. 43rd St., Philadelphia, PA 19104

Office: 215-596-8962 | Ref Desk: 215-596-8967 | Fax: 215-596-8760

[log in to unmask] | Ask a Librarian | www.usciences.edu/library