Hi,
     We have discovered that owners of lists set for subscription by_owner are getting confirmation requests that include links to add the would-be subscriber to the list in which the subscriber's address is rendered in the form

   emailID%40maildomain

That is, the link uses %40 instead of @ in presenting the email address.  That's not so bad, but if the link is used, then the person is added to the list using the "address"

   emailID%40maildomain@LISTSERVdomain

     We have evidence suggesting that this presentation of the confirmation link has been happening since we upgraded from LISTSERV 15.0 to LISTSERV 16.0 some months ago, so I'm wondering if there is something we did or failed to do during the upgrade that has caused this change in behavior.  Web searches have revealed reports of this sort of behavior going back to 2003, at least, but no suggestions for how to fix it.
     Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

--Bob Haring-Smith

--
Bob Haring-Smith
Senior Applications Administrator

Voice: 304-293-8777
FAX: 304-293-6726

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=LSTOWN-L&A=1