Hi Ron,

I think there's a strong chance that we don't understand your question and the sub-list answer is therefore not helpful.

Exactly what do you wish to give to the "seasoned contributors" and withhold from others? Old distributions?

The "list archives" is the collection of old posts that have already been distributed.  (It is not the list management web pages).

There is no way to restrict access to the archives to "some subscribers" and have the archives be in the same list as the "some subscribers".

Sub-lists is a feature that could be used to move the "some subscribers" to another list, yet retain their receipt of new messages and, if you want, posting ability.  Of course, the two lists would have to be setup properly, including authorization of only super-list subscribers to see the archives, of sub-list subscribers to post to the super-list and allowing no posts to the sub-list.

As this is the first time I've heard of such a requirement, I'm curious as to "Why"! ;-)

Cheers, Wayne

P.S.  I'd mention the question is more appropriate for LSTOWN-L than LSTSRV-L, but our answers all seem to include "sub-lists", which is a postmaster-only feature. ;-)