I think it depends on what your subscribers expect and want.

Most people now seem to want and expect formatted e-mail.

However, you'll find some "old timers" that *really* dislike HTML and graphics.

Both plain text and formatted e-mail have their problems.

Cheers, Wayne

P.S. I'm sure I don't understand "at least for rich text applications".