Of course it's possible to use scripting to do this.  If nothing else you can use the email interface to LISTSERV, so all you need is a script that can take listnames (I presume this is something like class numbers?) from a disk file or something and plug them in appropriately into a template and mail each one  off (or send it via LCMD if you're on the local system).

I'm on VMS so I would probably do it with DCL, but it seems pretty straightforward with Perl, etc.

-- Alan