Look for what was going on at the time the notification was sent.

Did the request come via e-mail or the web?  At this point, you're fishing.

Chances are the subscribers did it (to) themselves.  Perhaps the log will show you how the request came in.  If by web, you may then know from where.  If by e-mail, your e-mail administrator might be able to tell you where the email originated.   Were the unsubscribes related?   When did they happen?  Does anyone provide unsubscribe services for you?

You need detail and the Listserv log is your best bet to have it.  By the way, don't assume the clock on your Listserv machine is perfect ... check it!

Cheers, Wayne