Thanks to both of you! I managed to turn her naming off via the Web interface, but couldn't turn her name back on. I sent the user the command to send to listserv and am expecting to hear back shortly. (And I learned something new today, too!)

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Using the REGISTER command e.g.,

REGISTER Joe Blow

Andrew Bosch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

You need to fix the registration name.

Andrew

Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Right address, wrong name

Here's a weird problem that I just don't see a simple answer for.

A listowner accidentally added another owner with the correct email address and the name of a subscriber also to be added, like this:

Sue <[log in to unmask]>

Now when an email goes out for list business to the owners, Joe gets the email (which is correct) but the name on it is Sue (which is not correct).

I find this immensely puzzling. I've tried deleting and re-adding the owner, but the wrong name is sticky. Any thoughts?

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link: