Howard,

I think people are trying to tell you that the list configuration entry "default-options= subjecthdr" has nothing to do with whether a message is delivered with a subject tag.   It's a default for new subscribers.

If a subscriber has "subjecthdr" set as a subscriber option, their distribution will have a subject tag.  The actual content of the subject tag is determined by the "subject-tag=" list configuration, with the default being the list name.

If you're no longer seeing the subjecthdr, then I suspect

It's time to contact your Listserv Postmaster to see if the problem exists beyond your list.  They may also have access to, or have access to people that have access to facilities that can show the content of individual mail that was in the mail system.

Cheers, Wayne

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link: