On 11/22/2013 13:29, Eckard, Steve - eckardsl wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

Greetings, all. Speaking of digests I got the below from a new list owner recently. At first I did not remember how to do this, but my curiosity led me to subscriber options-view or set subscription options-subscription type and there it is. Would this be the answer to her question and would you suggest Digest (traditional)? Thanks.

I have a quick question about the listserv.  Is it possible to allow people to sign up for a weekly digest?

IIRC, a digest can either be daily, weekly, or monthly but only on a list-wide basis.

abstracted from:

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/15.0/html%20help/Site%20Managers/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Site_Managers&file=DistributionFeaturesandFunctions.14.1.html

12.5 Controlling the List Digest Feature
List "digests" are provided for those users who prefer to receive (typically) one large, comprehensive posting per digest period that includes all of the list traffic from that period, rather than receiving each post individually as processed by the server.
If "Notebook= Yes...", the digest feature defaults to daily digests cut at midnight with the "work" files kept in the same directory as the list's notebook archives. If "Notebook= No", digests are not enabled by default. However, note that lists without notebook archives can have digests; it is simply necessary to enable digests manually for such lists by using the "Digest=" list header keyword and specifying a valid path for the location of the digest's work files.
Digests can be set up to cut on a Daily, Weekly, or Monthly basis, and can be further configured to cut after a certain number of lines of data have been stored regardless of the digest period setting. This ability to generate "special issues" when the digest reaches a certain size may be necessary if people complain that your 10,000 line daily digest is getting truncated by their mail host to 1500 (or even 1000) lines.
For example, if a high volume list is set for Daily digests, and the "Size(nnn)" parameter of the "Digest=" keyword for the list is set to "Size(1000)", a "special issue" of the digest will be cut and mailed to digest subscribers whenever the listname.DIGEST file reaches 1000 lines of text. Note that LISTSERV will not cut the digest at exactly 1000 lines, thereby truncating the last message; LISTSERV will cut the digest after the end of the message that causes the digest file to go over its limit. Thus, if the digest file is 950 lines long and a 200 line message is received, the "special issue" digest will be 1150 lines long.

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link: