On LSTOWN-L, Ben Parker wrote, in part:

Longer term solutions:

L-Soft is working on a change to LISTSERV that will basically re-write the From: *@yahoo.com addresses to something that does not cause the bounce/rejection problem.  This requires changes at the server level and is not accessible to subscribers or List Owners.  This is in testing now.  One problem with this approach is that such re-written From: addresses will likely go into your "spam" folder where you may not see them. Although this is problematic in itself, this is somewhat better than not allowing any messages from *@yahoo.com address at all.

 I have some questions for LSoft.
  • In your opinion, is their hope Yahoo! will back off this change?  Is LSoft pursuing this avenue?
    • I saw one ridiculous graph that was supposed to validate the Yahoo! change, which showed Yahoo! users posted to mailing lists once for every 99.5 spam/phishing mail received.
  • Will this change, now in test, be applicable to various Listserv levels? Which ones?
  • Will this change, now in test, be implemented w/o a Listserv code change via configuration and/or exits?
  • Will this change, now in test, affect or be affected by list settings?
  • Will this change, now in test, affect the ways a recipient reads or replies to a distribution?
  • Will this change, now in test, be applicable only to yahoo.* posts, or will it affect all distributions?
  • What did I neglect to ask?