Hi,

I'd like to set up a test list on a dev (R16) machine.  This will be based on an existing (1.8d) list with a list exit.

go.user has

# Our exits
LIST_EXITS="EXITPGM"
EXIT_INPUT="1"

EXITPGM is in the Listserv home directory with these permissions

-rwxr-xr-x. 1 listserv listserv 2597 Jun 17 15:22 EXITPGM*

EXITPGM is a Perl script which will verify the list calling it is allowed to do so.

Attempts to update the list header to add

Exit= EXITPGM

are rejected with:

The following problems have been detected in the list header:

* Exit= EXITPGM

Error: This exit is not valid. In order to authorize the use of a program as a
       list exit, the LISTSERV administrator must add its name to the
       LIST_EXITS configuration variable.

Please refer to the list keyword documentation (available via the "INFO
KEYWORDS" command) for more information about keyword syntax.

PUT operation rejected, old list remains unchanged.

Does Validate= have to be on (or off) for this?

Thus far, I have used one of our (very handy) Perl scripts to perform the update.  The script builds the new/modified list header then mails it to listserv@ with the appropriate PUT statement.  It works for all other mods.  But it would clearly seem not to find the exit specified (after the Exits specs were added to go.user, the service was restarted).  So, what is missing?

Thanks for any help,

--Joe