We have a few lists whose configuration includes a block of "local= " stmts:

local= *.university.edu,university.edu

local= *.another.edu,another.edu

local= *.last.edu,last.edu

After this comes

Service= local

Confidential= Service

The list I am having problems with right now also uses

Send= Public

(it is a list used to notify a group about certain problem which might arise anywhere)

And they are getting spam.  Of course neither the "From: " nor the "Reply-To: " are in the local list.  Does "Local" simply control the visibility of the list or can it filter addresses?  On rereading the site managers manual, it would not seem to be able to do the latter.

--Joe