From: F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, February 8, 2015 5:00 PM
Subject: Re: List Configuration & HTML

​Ron,
Not sure this is supported with R16, check the keywords.
  language= nohtml

Change
Attachments=
keyword.

You may want to use
Attachments= Yes
(accepts pretty much all MIME types)

but you might also want to specify the specific MIME types your list will accept.

See MIME types at

For specific types associated with MS, see
For the Lsoft R16 docs, see:
Listserver “Keywords” descriptions at (from which the online help originates)

If you just wanted to accept PDF and DOC:

Attachments= Yes,application/msword,application/pdf

Actually, "application/msword" accepts both .doc and .dot

If you want to accept .docx and .dotx you can add
application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document
application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.template

You may also use wildcards, so

Attachments= Yes,application/msword,application/pdf
Attachments= application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.*

Be aware that the attachments will be in any archives your lists have, and that some may be very large.  And may become a source of contention.

I'm sure many of the other folks on this list can give you much better info than I, but this can get you started.
--Joe