Hi list,

I am in the process of migrating a number of lists (including archives) from a Windows Listserv implementation to one based on Linux.

I have three questions:

1. For the list archives that, in addition to the standard <LISTNAME>.LOG<YYMM> text files, I have received a number of <LISTNAME>.LOG<YYMM>-RAC files. These "-RAC" files are binary files, and are not present for every corresponding ".LOG<YYMM>" file.
I have not seen such "-RAC" files before. What are these files and what should I do with them?

2. I have received the output of the "GET LISTNAME (NOLOCK" as imput for my .list files.
However, I noticed on my current Linux implementation there are sometimes differences between the output of "listview <listname>.list" on the command line, and of the "GET LISTNAME" command. Most notable a "PW=" field appearerd in the list header on the command line, but not in the GET command.
Is an import from the output of the GET command reliable, or is it better to use the output from the listview command?

3. The lists I will transfer are a master list with a number of sublists. Are there any special considerations when I import these lists (other than importing the sublists first)?

Thank you for your advise!

Kind regards,
Lucas

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1