​Thanks Liam,

It may solve several things.

--Joe

Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 4:55 PM
To: F J Kelley; LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum
Subject: RE: bulk operations "change"?

If you’ve already got a powershell script that spits out the change commands to a file for you, then compile lcmdx and use it to send the commands to LISTSERV:

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/htmlhelp/advanced%20topics/TCPGUI.html#2334083

So instead of pasting “quiet change listname old-address new-address” into an e-mail client or the web interface, just wrap it into a command:

lcmdx listserv.example.edu [log in to unmask] password quiet change listname old-address new-address

Your powershell script dumps the lcmdx commands into a CMD file, you run the whole thing from the Windows task scheduler, and you document it because you won’t have to think about it again until somebody breaks something J

--

Liam Kelly

Senior Consulting Analyst

L-Soft international

[log in to unmask]

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of F J Kelley
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 4:32 PM
To: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum
Subject: bulk operations "change"?

​Hi,

Our mail system is MS Office 365.  We assign incoming students an email address in the form

[log in to unmask]

The students may customize that address to something like

[log in to unmask]

(actually, they seem to test different versions of the address).

All of this is fine.  But.  The Registrar's Office provides the original ID assigned (in an Exchange environment, both addresses are proxies for a real address; the students actually only "SendAs" whatever the customized address is -- in Exchange terms, the "PrimarySMTPAddress".  If no customization, the originally assigned one is used), and faculty can typically use a machine-readable version of the class roll to add subscribers to their class discussion lists. 

I change the addresses as the students customize their addresses, but the Registrar's Office will continue to use the original ID.  I have a powershell script to collect the Primary SMTP addresses for all list subscribers (collected one list at a time from the list report on the web).  From that, I can build a file with all the "quiet change listname old-address new-address" in it.  Our listsever is on a Linux box and I can paste the entire "change" file into pine and update all the addresses via CJLI.  Using the web, I can see how to issue a single change at a time (List Management -> Command", but no way to process an entire file of these.  Or have I missed something (very, very possible).

Yes, this is really clunky, for now it is what we have ...

--Joe

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1