We are running Listserv 1.8e on a Windows 2003 server (32bit).  We want to move it to a Windows 2008 server (64bit).  The document “Moving Listserv to a new server” suggests updating to the latest version on the old server before migrating.  This would have to be the 32bit version.

1.       Is it really necessary to update the old server with the latest version?  Can we migrate without updating the old server?

2.       Would the latest 32bit version run on a 64bit machine with no problem, and without any special implementation?

I really want to keep this process as “simple” as possible.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

...Wes

Wes Anderson

Director, Information Systems

Canadian Pharmacists Association

Tel: 613-523-7801 ext. 228

Email: [log in to unmask]

“Everyone makes mistakes.  That's why there is an eraser on every pencil."

This email, including any attachment, is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). Access by any other person is prohibited without the express written permission of the sender. This email may be subject to legal, professional or other privilege. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender as soon as possible and delete this email and its attachments. You may not copy, forward or use this email in any way.