How’s that filter working for you? I seriously doubt that most of my users would be capable of conforming to such draconian rules. They simply want to reply without fussing over what is or is not permitted in their replies. It’s not a matter of intelligence, but the bother of jumping through hoops. Can’t you program something to strip excess footers?

matthew black
california state university, long beach

Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 7:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Allowing Attachments

How are you running the filter?

Thanks.

********
Here are the bottom banners that I use. (I hope that they aren't confused here as actual banners.) There are three which are inserted on a rotating basis. Note that all have a leading line of "=.=.=...... to make certain they are unique.

.CS windows-1252
.BB &DAYSEQ(3) = 1
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= DO NOT REPOST THIS PART =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

NEW NOTE for AOL and Yahoo Subscribers: if you hit "report as spam" on any post
from this list, you will be automatically removed and barred from
resubscribing to this or any apple.ease.lsoft.com lists.

LSoft and the &LISTNAME discussion list consider all posts copyright by the
original author. Permission to repost or publish must be received from the
author.

For help, send request to:
 &LISTNAME-REQUEST@&MYHOST
.EB

.BB &DAYSEQ(3) = 2

Message options:
 SIGNOFF &LISTNAME        :To Leave List
 SET &LISTNAME NOMAIL     :To stop mail temporarily
 SET &LISTNAME DIGEST     :To receive digests
 SET &LISTNAME MAIL       :To receive regular mail
 SET &LISTNAME INDEX      :To receive digest indexes
.EB

.BB &DAYSEQ(3) = 3
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= DO NOT REPOST THIS PART =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
NEW NOTE for AOL and Yahoo Subscribers: if you hit "report as spam" on any post
from this list, you will be automatically removed and barred from
resubscribing to this or any apple.ease.lsoft.com lists.

&LISTNAME web archives:

http://&MYHOST/archives/&LISTNAME.html
.EB

Then a content filter is set up around this construction of "=.=.=."