Bingo!

Thanks, Jacob!

Lisa

From:   Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]
Date:   07/30/2015 08:48 PM
Subject:        Re: Phantom list
Sent by:        LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum

On Jul 30, 2015, at 6:45 PM, Lisa Baas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I got myself into a pickle while creating a bunch of similar lists by
cloning. Evidently, I hosed up one of the lists and it showed up in the
selection list as two separate lists with the same name. Selecting either
brought up the same config. I didn't want to cause confusion later on so I
deleted one of them. No errors. The other is still in the selection list
but when selected says there's no such list. When I try to create another
with the same name it tells me the list already exists.

> Is there a command to do an inventory and identify and/or delete phantom
lists? I haven't hit on the right search terms to find anything out in the
ether.

It sounds like the problem is probably that these ?phantom? lists have an
incorrect ?List-Address=? setting.

If you?re using LISTSERV 16.0, go under ?List Management? to ?LISTSERV
Command? and issue a ?lists? command.  Any lists that have a
?List-Address=? setting of this sort will be identified as such:

>> altname          List Title
>>                  Alias: REALNAME

where ?altname? is the name that appears in the ?List-Address=? setting
and ?REALNAME? is the mailing list?s actual name.

The next question is how to fix the list?s configuration.  Since LISTSERV
thinks the mailing list?s actual name is the List-Address= value, this is
a little tricky.  What I normally do is go to

                 http://.../wa.exe?HDRED1=REALNAME

where ?REALNAME? is the actual name of the mailing list.  This should take
you directly to the manual configuration page for the mailing list, at
which point you can change the ?List-Address=? setting, and make whatever
other changes to the mailing list?s setup that are desired.

Hope this helps!

-jwgh
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link: